Friday, January 26, 2007

Wow- My Very Own Blog

I've resisted the urge for a year or so to start my own blog. I've finally given in to my inherent narcissim and decided that the world really is entitled to my opinion if they are silly or bored enough to find my page.

To get this thing started off right and by way of introduction, I'd like to provide a little explanation to the title I chose for my blog.

I am the mother of two sons. My oldest is 22 and severely autistic. He has an incredibly sweet disposition, is very affectionate and for the most part is the coolest, happiest and most laid back person I know. Life just doesn't get much better than a full belly, some music and a set of beads to flap.

He also does not speak... except for the occasional outburst of the sing-songy phrase, "Get a life! Get a life! Get a life!"

Given that so-called experts have determined that my son has an IQ of about 35, I've always found it fascinating that this phrase generally pops out of his mouth only in circumstances when those of us "normal" people around him are doing or saying something fairly stupid or annoying. (God, I love that boy!!) I think he is one of the few people in the world who just totally gets it. So, I have named my little blog in honor of the most wonderful advice ever given by my favorite philosopher.

I'm not sure exactly what I will post here or how often I will actually get around to updating it. I'm blessed with a busy and fulfilling job, a teenager, a large extended family and some really great friends. But I do have alot of opinions on politics, the absurd, child rearing and a great sense of humor.

Those of you who do venture on to these pages should know I absolutely adore sarcasm and irony. If you read something here that sounds absolutely absurd, it was probably meant to. So before you decide to go off on me in a reply, try reading the post again.

Anyway- I look forward to my new venture.

13 comments:

Lee Ann said...

FIRST!

I'm the first...woohoo! Yeah "SUSAN"!! I'm so excited, you have no idea the happy dance I'm doing at my desk right now.

Yeah! Love the title, perfect, just perfect!

Welcome!

Tammi said...

:-) I'm soooo proud. You are a great addition to our little family, and I sooo look forward to what you have to share!

Welcome!

**singing Another One Bites the Dust**

Anonymous said...

Love it. That is quite possibly the best "about me / why I started a blog" post I have ever read.

And your reason for your blog's name - oh so perfect. Get a life, indeed. Your son is very wise.

Having read your guest post at LeeAnn's place, I look forward to more of your wit and humor. Welcome to my blogroll...

Peter said...

Welcome to The Bad Example Family. I shall be checking in often as I have an almost four year old grandson with Autism and I know a little less than nothing at all about it.
Luckily his parents are loving and intelligent, plus are not real interested in being new age parents.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read some more.

Beer Guy (John) said...

Welcome to the blogging world! You'll like it here.

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard. Loved your guest post about the brat on the ATA flight. And you're a Hoosier to boot. Found you via Tammi.

"Susan" said...

I'm especially proud to be a Hoosier for at least the next 9 days. We're going to the super bowl, baby!!!! And my voice has almost recovered from the game.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and welcome! I look forward to reading more... ;)

Unknown said...

A happy welcome to the blog world. Looking forward to the absurd sarcasm and irony.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome to the family!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the BE family!

And ditto what Richmond said about the first post and the name. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 mg tramadol renal dosing - tramadol no prescription online